Friday, July 20, 2007

Welcome Deacon Greg

Welcome My Deacon Brother


It is my great pleasure to present to you my Deacon Brother Greg Kandra.
Greg like me is a newly ordained Deacon and like me he has developed a blog page.

Greg’s blog is called the Deacons Bench, I visit often and rumor has it the Pope drops in from time to time. I encourage everyone to visit the Deacons Bench. And to make it easy I have included a link to Deacon Greg’s blog.

Thanks to all who have taken the time to visit my blog and web page. The kind words and visits are an encouragement.

Peace and All Good Things
Deacon Tom

I'm a Roman Catholic deacon serving the Diocese of Brooklyn, New York. When I'm not preaching or serving mass, I'm the editor of "Couric & Co.," a blog at CBSNews.com. A 25-year veteran of CBS News, I've written for projects as varied as the acclaimed documentary "9/11" (Peabody, Emmy, Christopher and Writers Guild Awards) and the prime time news magazines "60 Minutes II" and "48 Hours." My essays have appeared in "America," (Catholic Press Award, 2003) "U.S. Catholic," and "Catholic Digest," as well as two best-selling books, "Deadlines & Datelines" by Dan Rather, and "People of the Century." But I'd rather be praying. My wife and I live in the beautiful borough of Queens, New York.