Thursday, July 26, 2007

Just wondering




Just Wondering Why

Some parishioners get up dress get to mass and leave early.

The priest has no chance (even with a new pair of track shoes) to get back to the gathering space before some folks are pulling out of the parking lot.

So many people can’t get to mass on time.

I asked a good friend of mine what mass he was attending. He said he was going to the eleven o’clock mass. I reminded him that mass started at 10:45.
He said I guess that explains why everyone was sitting down when I came in.

Some folks in the communion line are dressed like they are going to the beach.

I have never been in favor of a dress code but it maybe the only reasonable answer to a very disturbing trend. I am not proposing wearing burkha but a bit of modesty would be appreciated. Oh and by the way teens are not the only guilty parties.

So many don’t know the proper response to the statement the body of Christ.

All together now AMEN! That’s correct, the proper response is AMEN
Not thank you, yea Jesus or I am hip. Or my favorite, SILENCE, no response nothing nada. I fear we have lost the reverence which should be evident during the holy moment of receiving the body and blood of Christ.

The Bible is a number one best seller and the least read.

We all have a Bible some of us own several but we read the paper more often than the Bible. Many have said they don’t understand the Bible. Maybe the opposite is true we know the truths the Bible contains and don’t want to confront them.

When it comes to our Protestant brothers we tend to focus on our differences.

We need to defend our faith practices and traditions. I have no problem explaining our faith but it seems as though recently we are going out of our way to pick a fight.
Jesus started one Church the Pope believes it is the Catholic Church and I agree. Think about it do you really think the Pope would say the Catholic Church is number two. It seems we are proclaiming what we all believe, we know were number one, they know we believe we are number one so why continue to point out the obvious. Are we afraid that if we don’t say we are number one we will slip to number two?

We do some of the things we do during mass.

I am not talking about the liturgy but some of the things I see going on during mass. I have a great seat during mass that allows me a view of the Parishioners. Remember the song Santa Claus is coming to town? He knows when you are sleeping he knows when you are awake. Some Sundays I feel like Santa Claus. Enough said.

Just Wondering Why